And So The Streak Ends

by Jason Peters on September 18, 2012 · 19 comments <span>Print this article</span> Print this article

in Culture, High & Low

this-train-must-dead-end

avatar Jeremy Bias September 19, 2012 at 8:01 am

Anyone willing to share a little more info regarding this post? Hopefully it isn’t referring to the end of the author’s posts on FPR.

Jeremy Bias
West Virginia

avatar Jeff Polet September 19, 2012 at 10:54 am

Alas.

avatar Kate Dalton September 19, 2012 at 1:40 pm

As some but perhaps not all readers know, Peters’ column has run once a week, every single week, since March 4, 2009. But now–if I may be forgiven a Paul Ryan reference–Atlas has shrugged. Many thanks from Kentucky.

avatar Jennifer Krieger September 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm

That “Marriage Ends” post – what a BUNCH of hooey.
Is Jason PEters leaving? That’s a shame.

avatar robert m. peters September 19, 2012 at 3:20 pm

If it is indeed a good-bye, then a sad “adieu” from me, one Peters to another!

avatar kit downing September 19, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I’m sad the streak has ended…I’m sadder that you link it to “Marriage Ends” post. Agape and Eros are both essential elements of Love. Marriage is a fundamental right for all [and so, apparently, is sodomy].

avatar WhollyRoamin September 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm

*pours a little local beer onto the ground*

A little for my homie.

avatar Nathan P. September 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm

“I’m sadder that you link it to ‘Marriage Ends’ post.”
The related posts are generated by a computer; they both have “ends” in the title.
Anyway, I’ll miss those Tuesday night acts of desperation. They were my primary reason for visiting FPR. I wish Dr. Peters the best, and hope to read his writing elsewhere.

avatar joshua September 20, 2012 at 1:05 am

Is it improper (I’m astounded it hasn’t been done already) to humbly and considerately ask: why?

avatar Andrew Harvey September 20, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Whew! Cal Ripken’s record is safe. But, gentle readers, slow down. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
Is it only me, or is that amused cackling coming from Rock Island, IL?
The Streak may have ended but surely not the Bar Jester’s wit.
Instead of the Apocalypse or, worse, the end of the Front Porch, isn’t it safer to assume that Peters is merely still hungover from this past weekend in Holland?

avatar Rob G September 20, 2012 at 4:22 pm

No one can say it better than The Dude did: “Bummer, man.”

avatar dave walsh September 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Thanks.

avatar Dianne September 22, 2012 at 11:12 am

What Rob G. and The Dude said.

I hope we’ll still see occasional posts from Dr. Peters.

avatar Jason Fisher September 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

From one Jason to another, I wish you all the best, Jason, with whatever endeavors (or relaxations) now await you and I gladly admit that I will dearly miss the bar jester’s wit as well as his love of good drink, good food, and the goddess excellently bright.

avatar David Owen September 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Does it really take a far-flung Tasmanian to remind you (fellow) baseball tragics that ending a streak is very different to hanging up the glove. I choose to believe that the Jester has merely missed his (at least) weekly contribution, but has not retired. I am confident that some therapeutic autumn-colored liquid can kick-start his unique contributions to our lives.

avatar Kit downing September 23, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I was away for the weekend and just read that my comment was edited. Alas, the edit is correct…sodomy is a fundamental right, Lawrence v. Texas 539 us 558 (2003).
I was unaware that comments are edited at FRP.

avatar Emmett September 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm

will miss

avatar D.W. Sabin September 24, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Having been gone for a while and checking back in to this……..?

Well, Dammit.

What?, did the Nurse prescribe something new?
Mr. Peters united social commentary with the act of lawn mowing and kitchen arts , one of the better atmospheres of that misty thing called “social”.

I’d send flowers but somebody has to give me an address.

avatar - October 4, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Sad News! Sad News indeed!

The gods are weeping, men are battling, women are expiring. I am making my getaway.

Dr. Peters, you must stay. The FPR community has become your dependent. We must read your wisdom and satire to continue our formulaic intellectualism. Don’t give up on us! For Obama! For King and Country! For Glory! For the World! For the Universe! For the molecules in our brain! For our sanctity! For our dignity! For our happiness! For our love and peace and joy on earth!

with love.