Ciceronian Society Meeting at UVA: Call for PapersBy Peter Daniel Haworth for FRONT PORCH REPUBLIC
CALL FOR PAPERS: CICERONIAN SOCIETY
2012 ANNUAL MEETING AT UVA
The Ciceronian Society will be holding its annual meeting at the University of Virginia, March 29-31, 2012. This will be an academic conference in which panelists can present on a variety of topics related to our core-themes Tradition, Place, and ‘Things Divine.’ A more elaborate description of these core-themes and their relation to the humanities is provided on our website. FPR writer participation currently includes John Medaille, Jeff Taylor, Jerry Salyer, Peter Haworth, and (probably) James Matthew Wilson. Contact [email protected] if you are interested in presenting or attending.
Possible panel themes include the following:
- The Relationship of Modern Thought to Tradition and the Divine.
- Greek and Roman Thought.
- Place, ‘Things Divine,’ and Tradition in Medieval Thought
- Human Scale, Decentralism, and Federalism
- American Thought/Experience and Tradition and Place
- Literature, Localism, History, and the Divine.
- Agrarianism, Localism, and Economics
- Social-Political Theology