The FPR conference lineupBy Jeremy Beer for FRONT PORCH REPUBLIC
Here is the tentative, don’t-hold-us-legally-accountable-if-it-ain’t-exactly-this-way lineup of speakers for the Front Porch Republic conference on September 15 at Hope College, in Holland, Michigan. We’ll let you know if there are any changes. Our keynote speaker, Eric Jacobsen, is the author of the just-published book The Space Between: A Christian Engagement with the Built Environment.
A lot of you are signing up now, which is great. We look forward to seeing many of you there, and to meeting many of you for the first time.
The Bar Jester’s talk alone will be worth the price of admission, although you may feel the need to take a morally cleansing shower afterwards.
Register here. More conference details here. If you are so moved, you can help us offset the considerable conference expenses by making a gift here (thanks again to everyone who has donated so far!). FPR is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Panel 1: Politics and Economics 9:15-10:30
- Jeff Polet, Hope College
- Patrick Deneen, University of Notre Dame
- Richard Gamble, Hillsdale College
Panel 2: Local Culture 10:45-12:00
- Bill Kauffman, author of Ain’t My America
- William Schambra, Hudson Institute
- Mark T. Mitchell, Patrick Henry College
Keynote Address: Eric Jacobsen, author of The Space Between, 1:00-1:45
Panel 3: Environment and Place 2:00-3:15
- Jason Peters, Augustana College
- Arthur Verslius, author of Island Farm
- D. G. Hart, Hillsdale College
Panel 4: Food and Farming 3:30-4:45
- Mary Berry Smith, The Berry Center
- Katherine Dalton, Contributing editor to Chronicles magazine
- Matt Bonzo, Cornerstone University
Closing Remarks: 4:45-5:00