Sean Scallon at TAC recently directed our attention to this fellow, Dan Mielke, who is running for Congress in Wisconsin’s 7th District. I’ve no idea if he has a chance of winning — apparently he is not the choice of the DC conservative establishment — but my goodness, I think he might take 80 or 90% of the Porch vote. From his bio:
- Facilitator for the Stevens Point Farmers Market.
- Dan is a strong advocate of “buy local, buy fresh”, an effort to help small farm families increase the profitability of their farms in a world where farmers have been losing out to corporate farming practices.
- Has been an aggressive proponent for the protection of property rights and served as a public speaker throughout the state in this regards.
- Has been a promoter of sustainable agriculture serving on the USDA SARE grant review committee and as an educator in the field of sustainable farming practices.
- Has been a strong advocate for constitutional government and has been publicly active over the years in fighting for the protection of our Constitutional rights and freedoms.
On the issues, he is pro-life and if not quite anti-war, openly skeptical of using the U.S. military to advance and protect the empire.
Unless he’s as poorly educated and just plain dumb as Mrs. Palin (which he doesn’t seem to be), this is about as good as you’re going to get, my friends. Go get ’em, Mielke.