The 2022 FPR conference will be held at Grove City College on September 24th. Our theme will be After Virtual: The Art of Recovering Lost Goods. Chris Arnade will be the keynote speaker. We’re looking forward to a jovial, inspiring day of lectures, conversations, and good food.
Welcome: (9:00-9:15) Session 1: Church (9:15-10:30)
- Carl Trueman, “The Church, Time, and the Times”
- Gregory Hogg, “Verbum Caro Facta Est”
- Charlie Cotherman, “Life on Life: The Local Church in a Digital Age”
Break: 10:30-10:45 Session 2: Education (10:45-12:00)
- Jeff Polet, “Why I Left the Academy”
- Angel Adams Parham, “Education for Flourishing: K-16 and Beyond”
- Jason Peters, “The Sin Against the Body: For This They Wept Not”
Lunch (boxed lunches provided for all attendees) 12:00-1:00
Keynote (1:00-2:00): Chris Arnade, “An Address in the Universe of Meaning”
Session 3: Health (2:15-3:15)
- Adam Smith, “Medicine After Virtue”
- Brian Volck, “Hospitality, Responsibility, and Presence: Practicing Medicine as if Bodies Actually Mattered”
Break 3:15-3:30 Session 4: Civic Life (3:30-4:45)
- Mark Mitchell, “Why Property Matters”
- Rachel Ferguson, “What’s Wrong with the Roads?”
- Bill Kauffman, “The View from the Cemetery”
Following our day of talks and discussion, we’ll adjourn to Blackout Burger Bar (225 Westside Square Drive, Mercer, PA 16137) for food, drinks, and conversation. There will be coffee, Amish donuts, and snacks (made by the local George J. Howe Co.) available throughout the day.
We’re grateful for our conference co-sponsors: Plough, the Intercollegiate Studies Institute, the Institute for Faith and Freedom, and The American Conservative.